There is a lot of trauma that comes with a breakup or divorce and while some may ignore it and simply sweep it under the carpet (not a good idea at all), others may seek the services of a mental health professional, a therapist online, or invest in programs like Naked Divorce.
Believe it or not, those who have gone through a breakup or divorce are likely to display issues including anxiety that are usually associated with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I don’t need to tell you how serious PTSD is, and it’s always advised that you reach out for help, whether that’s with a licensed therapist online, mental health services, or other support programs.
I advise everyone that has been through a traumatic event to go for mental health counselling. However, before they come to me, many of my clients don’t think they have been displaying symptoms that were severe enough to seek out a licensed mental health professional. If you are unsure what the symptoms of PTSD include, then this is what you should look out for:
• Trouble concentrating
• Intense traumatic memories
• Physically and emotionally drained and upset
• Feelings of guilt, shame, or panic
• Feeling numb or disconnected.
As you can see, PTSD is a disorder that has a lot of varying symptoms and you may experience all of them or only one or two. If left untreated, these symptoms will only worsen and start to affect other aspects of your life. It could lead to clinical depression and other long-term mental health problems.
In a previous article I covered whether therapy or divorce was best. I believe that you should always seek support after a breakup or divorce, but I don’t think that should necessarily be in the form of traditional in-person therapy and I’ll tell you why. There are obviously incredible mental health services out there and I’m not saying that the best online therapy won’t work. In fact, the right online therapist or mental health professional will definitely help you in certain ways, but I do feel like you can gain more from a program like Naked Divorce that specializes in helping people get over the trauma of divorce and breakup.
These are just some of the problems with traditional online therapy platforms and in-person therapy sessions:
• Expense: The average cost of therapy in the US is between $7,436.00 – $14,872.00 a year and this puts it out of reach of most ordinary people.
• No guarantee: A therapist will never guarantee you that you will finish their sessions with a new mindset.
• Not divorce specialists: Although highly trained, it’s unlikely that they have specifically trained in helping those going through the trauma of divorce or a breakup.
• It’s a long road: At the end of the day, a therapist earns an income from your sessions and the average amount of time people spend in therapy is a minimum of 6-8 months, but more likely years.
I am not taking anything away from the incredible work that the best online therapy and in-person therapy can achieve in other mental health avenues. There are even free online therapy options now that can save you money, with live chat sessions. However, I truly believe that the program we have designed here at Naked Divorce is your best bet in getting through the trauma in as little time as possible in a healthy way.
There are a couple of important aspects that set Naked Divorce apart from in-person and online therapy sessions:
• Divorce specialists: I am a trauma specialist with advanced PTSD training and I am a divorcee myself. I have spent years studying and immersing myself specifically in trauma as a result of breakups or divorce and I know exactly how to support you to navigate the journey to healing.
• Structure: We don’t just offer a listening platform at Naked Divorce; we have a set structure that will help you get through your divorce in the best way possible. The first step is your decision to continue along your divorce path, we will create a Divorce Strategy to help you get through the early divorce moments as healthily as possible. We then help you to complete the process of separation, mediation and telling your kids. Finally, we lead you to the important “Resolve” stage, where you forgive yourself and your partner and get your mental and physical health in the best place to move forward with renewed strength.
• Timeline: We don’t let this process simply go on at its own pace for what could be years. Our programs are there to help you get through this in a set timeframe. Our program lasts 21 days.
• Guarantee: We’re so convinced that our program will work (who wouldn’t be with our amazing results) that if you feel like it hasn’t had the desired results, then we give you your money back.
• Support: Throughout the entire program you will have the support of our Divorce Angels. They are here to guide you along the path and help you to make difficult decisions, of course, they are also there as a comforting shoulder should you need it too.
As mentioned, I take absolutely nothing away from therapists and the amazing work that they do, however, for divorce and breakups, I do believe that a specialized program is the most successful avenue to get over a divorce in a healthy and holistic way.
Naked Divorce was specifically designed to help people going through or struggling after a divorce or breakup deal with their emotional baggage and to move forward into a much brighter future. Here’s to a healed heart!
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook.
With you in service
Book a Clarity Call for any divorce or break up support you need,